Tuesday, November 30, 2010

White Christmas

Today I awoke to the first settling snow in Canterbury of the season! As I turned back the blinds to peer out my bedroom window I was mesmerized by this sight...

Out my bedroom window

I love the snow (for now)! Canterbury is just as beautiful blanketed in snow as it is any other day. It made me think of the movie White Christmas, not only because it is almost Christmas, but because it is the one movie every Christmas that my mom begs us to watch with her. I looked outside, and thought of her and the rest of my family who I will be home to see in three weeks.

Kent Uni covered in snow!

I can't believe how quickly my time here has been going. I was a bit solemn today as I thought about having to leave this place. It is not that I don't want to go home; I cannot wait to see everyone and be home for Christmas. It is just that I am not ready to leave this place and these people, but I know I must.

If you look hard, you can see the cathedral in the snowy haze

Tomorrow I am spending the day in town with friends. If the snow is still beautifully settled like it was today, I will be sure to post some pictures of snow-covered Canterbury streets and half-timber houses. As for now, I must sleep. Cheers!

1 comment: