Friday, November 5, 2010

Friendship


On Wednesday, Spencer and a number of my new, amazing friends that I have made since I've been here at Kent Uni, put together a party to celebrate my 21st birthday here in Canterbury. It was such a wonderful evening. Spencer and I made Pizookies, since that is a very "Californian" dessert, and they seemed to love it! We then spent the evening chatting, teaching and playing Nerts, and laughing hysterically as we played Signs. It was such an enjoyable night. I appreciate so much their company.

We're throwing up our "signs"

I am so thankful for my friends back home. I have missed them so much while I have been here. I was honestly anxious about making relationships before I came to England. I wasn't sure what God had in store for me, what people I would meet while I was here, how much I would miss my friends back at home. However, God has been blessing me so much here with the people I encounter and the friends I keep making. Wednesday night was a perfect example of this blessing.

Pizookie!

To my friends back at home, I love you and miss you so much. I can't wait to see you all when I return. And to my friends here in Canterbury, I am so glad I've been given this opportunity to spend time with you. I am thankful God has crossed our paths and brought us together. I appreciate every day I have here with you, and I hope all of you can have the chance to come stay with Spencer and me back in California :).

From the tours of Paris, to the company of friends in Canterbury, to the package of Mexican spices and Reese's from my father and mother, it has been a birthday to remember. Speaking of "remembering," today is the 5th of November. "Remember, remember, the 5th of November." Tomorrow we will celebrate this very English holiday with a big bonfire. I'll be sure to share the experience with you all soon. Cheers!

1 comment: