Monday, September 13, 2010

Farewell Friends!

The summer has moved so quickly; I cannot believe that I am leaving tomorrow for London. After a summer of MCAT studying, house sitting, kids camp, enjoying home, and visiting friends, I am about to embark on a whole new journey. I will be studying at the University of Kent in Canterbury, about an hour away from London. It will be a whole new adventure for me.

I was overwhelmingly reminded today to fervently pray for God's guidance for this semester specifically. I've realized that in the swift passing of the summer I've lost sight of where my heart needs to be as I leave, and today God reminds me to pray. I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me abroad, and I pray that God gives me the strength and courage to be open to whatever He brings my way. My blog title "no longer foreigners..." comes from Ephesians 2, where the former Gentiles were reminded of their unity in Christ; God showed them through Paul that they are "no longer foreigners...but fellow citizens with God's people." My hope is to experience people in England, not as a tourist or foreigner, but as one of them. I desire to learn, not only from the classroom, but from the relationships I form and the conversations that spark.

To all you at home, I will miss you dearly. I ask for you to pray for an open heart for me, to show love and be open to God's plan. I am so thankful for this blessing! Farewell Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you! miss you already - but soo excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, I will be praying for you, and will follow your blog! I am excited to see where God will lead you as you Trust and Follow Him!! Love you sweet Kevin! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and in case you were wondering, "cc" is the one who filmed your birth!!

    ReplyDelete