Friday, December 17, 2010

This is not goodbye, but see you later

I am less than 24 hours away from leaving Canterbury. This city and these people have been so inspiring to me, but more importantly, it has become a home to me. I am going to miss this home so much, but it is not goodbye to Canterbury. As my friend Lavinia put it, "this is not goodbye, but see you later." I am glad to hear that.

I have had so many experiences here: spiritual, relational, educational, emotional, comical, etc. All the time I have spent here with these friends will never be forgotten. God has blessed me by surrounding me with amazing people wherever I go, whether that be at home, San Diego, on vacations, on missions trips, or here in Canterbury. I have been surrounded by a lot of love here; I could not ask for anything more. Thank you to all of you who made this place home to me. This post is for you; I want you to know how important you are to me. This is not goodbye, but see you later.

Here are pictures of some (definitely not all) of the people here in Canterbury that I am glad to have as friends:

Some great friends at our "Farewell Americans" party

It's not a party without a Pizookie

Hannah - We are the Harry Potter fan club

Sarah - One of the most joyful people I know

Simon - My comedic friend from the Midlands

Felicity - I could not ask for a better person as my neighbor

Dave/Dan/Laurence - Three fantastic guys who I better see again soon

Nicole - Always a joy to be with, I love your excitement for pancakes and Thanksgiving

Josh - A downright great guy

Stef - my Greek, happy, lovely, friendly, always excited neighbor

Charlotte - I'm always laughing with her

Doug - Canterbury would not have been the same without you, Shipwreck Doug

And, of course, Spencer, my traveling buddy and one of the best friends I could ask for

And the many more that I don't have pictures of right now...you are all loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment