Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow, wait NO!

My English adventure is not over just yet. I found out a few hours ago that my flight for tomorrow has been canceled, along with hundreds of other flights out of London. As frustrating as this can be, I feel like God has really taken care of Spencer and me. We got the very last train out of Canterbury on yesterday to London before they shut down the train station because of all the snow; we have been blessed to stay with our friend Charlotte and her family while others have to suffer the cold and stress of staying days in the airport; we enjoyed a beautiful day in snow-covered London instead of stressing over a flight we have no control over; we have an amazing travel agent who somehow, in his bountiful air-travel wisdom, got us on a flight (God willing) out on Wednesday before Christmas. As bad as this situation may seem, God has really taken care of us. We are safe, healthy, and cared for. What more could I ask for (except for maybe the sight of California, haha). But truly, I am thankful.

I'm hoping to get home on Wednesday, but we shall have to wait and see how the weather turns out. Until then, please keep us in your prayers. Thanks and almost Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment