Thursday, December 16, 2010

Final Days

I am now counting down my last three days in Canterbury. Yesterday was such a wonderful day. I woke up in the morning and headed down into town for Early Morning Praise with my church here in Canterbury. Then, I spent the afternoon in town, soaking in as much of Canterbury as I could. Finally, it was time for an evening with friends at our farewell dessert party. It was a great day.

I am going to miss these people; I am going to miss this city. I have had such a wonderful three months here, and God has worked in such deliberate ways. I am eager to be home for Christmas, but I do feel the sting of leaving this place.

Looking back at my goals for this experience, I would definitely say, I no longer feel like a foreigner in Canterbury. It has become another home to me, a home I cannot wait to return to in the future. I will miss this home more than I can express in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment